Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just Being Honest

This week has been hard, I am not going to lie. 

Sunday we got the chance to meet and hear from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  Meeting an apostle of God was so awesome. After he spoke he walked around, and he gave me a huge hug. That's something I'll never fully forget. We had an Easter Egg hunt with the Hermanas and got to go to a video that told all about President Monsons life. Monday I was having an awesome day, until I got to my room. My companion told me that a letter from my grandpa had arrived. Before I was even opening it up I was crying. I got half way through opening the letter up and I was already sobbing. I'm not sure if it was a sense of joy or sadness. I had to get my companion to read it aloud, I wasn't stable enough to read it on my own. Getting that letter seemed to set the tone for the rest of the week. Tuesday I woke up and we got to hear from another apostle. Elder Dallin H Oakes, its so cool that's the third one I've already met and heard from. The Eldredge family sent me an awesome Easter Egg package with food. Every night after a long day I come in so hungry, so Todd and Janell, THAT WAS ON POINT. Wednesday was the rough one for me, It seemed like everything had just fell apart. I guess home sickness started kicking in and I just lost it. I started thinking about grandpa and what if something happened to him and I was going to be in a different country. I started doubting things and I wasn't sure what I was doing. I met with my district president and we had a conversation about possible reassignment. I had a day to think it over. I had to meet with President Nally, and that's the biggest man at the MTC for my non LDS friends. The night before I was praying so hard for an answer, I didn't understand why I was having these feelings. I opened up my missionary portal and saw the Argentina flag beside my name. It's like a wave of joy and spirit had hit my face. At that very moment I realized that I had been called by God to Argentina. There are people in that country who need me and it's just for me. Why would God call me to Argentina if he wasn't going to look after my family? I've learned this week that putting your trust in God is the most key thing I can do during my mission. President Nally and I spoke, and I told him how I was feeling. And I am indeed still going to Argentina, all with the Lord's help.
 
The very next day I taught a lesson in English with an investigator. His name was Gabriel. He has a son with cancer and he was looking for answers, he didn't like the Catholic church, he was raised in that church. I shared my testimony with Gabriel and told him my baptism story and my past life. It's like this huge bubble of spirit was surrounding me, my companion and Gabriel. It felt like everything I was saying was God's words. I didn't feel like I was saying it, God was. All three of us was in tears and I have been continuing to teach Gabriel. He has made it clear that he is very interested in joining but has some issues he needs to clear up. I didn't realize how teaching someone and helping someone can effect me so much. I can relate to this guy because he is from a different religion and background. Making the decision to serve this mission is feeling so much more right every single day that I wake up. The more I teach, the more I learn Spanish, the more I pray, missionary work is for me. This is my element. I love it, and this is part of God's plan for me. 
 
I'm not sure how to sum up my week, everything had sort of been up and down. But God pulled me through. I know that for a fact. My faith in God has grown and I've seen that with everyday that I am here. The hermanas in my zone are leaving Monday and that means new zone leaders will be called. It would be cool to be called to a leadership position. A lot of things going on in the coming week and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me..

Just a few things, shout out to my boy Andrew Hiatt for getting that mission call to PERU. Dude you'll be an awesome missionary and the people of Peru will be so blessed to have you brother. Also, to my Indiana Pacers, you guys need to get your act together. I know I'm not there to scream at the TV while you guys are losing to an 8 SEED. You won't beat Miami playing like a bunch of school girls. Also Mason Timmerman, miss you man, I love reading your emails and I can tell you are loving Germany. Saw a picture of you devouring a sandwich, so I KNOW you're happy. 
 
To my brother Travis, I want you to know that I hope you know I wish I could be there to help you with those puppies. This is your dream man, and I'm so glad that things are starting to look up. I think about you and Jessica and grandpa every single day and I pray so much for you guys. Hold the fort down and keep me updated on the puppies. 
 
Thanks so much for the packages, the dear elders and letters. They mean the world to me. Every night I look forward to opening my letters. Its like my Christmas present. And always feel free to write, I will certainly get back to you asap. 
 
I love you all so much, and cannot wait to hear from you. I'm doing the things that I have been dreaming of doing for the last 2 years and loving it. 
 
(if anyone has extra food laying around, just keep in mind my lunch is at two, and my dinner is at 4...so 9 clock rolls around I'm a starving pig, SOOOO... if someone was to send some snacks and food, I wont complain) JUST A THOUGHT :)
 
 
 
With all the love in the world,
 
Elder Hutchens
Me pointing to my mission. Its just a missionary thing :)






Elder Hutchens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment