Monday, June 9, 2014

Write my friend!

I´m not really sure how to explain this week honestly. I´ve learned very quickly that this mission is doing everything in its power to test my faith, not only test my faith but to test my faith in Jesus Christ. I don´t know how to explain this week because It was just all a blur. I´m just glad to start off with a new week.
 
Something really funny happened to me Wednesday morning. 3 in the morning I woke up and had to use the bathroom SO bad. I remember telling myself ¨Tanner, go back to sleep you don't need to pee.¨So what did I do? I rolled back over and went to sleep. I woke up at 6:30 to find that my whole bed was soaked, and it wasn´t just soaked, it was SOAKED. I spent the rest of the morning showering and being made fun of by the other Elders in my room. They still haven't stopped making jokes. Lesson to be learned here, when the Spirit tells you to go to the bathroom, DO IT. Trust me, if I don´t do anything to help you guys from this mission, my advice to you is use the bathroom when you feel the urge, you´ll thank me later. I´m not really sure if that was appropriate to share on a missionary email home, but I found it funny, my companions still find it funny, and I hope you guys can laugh at my pain as well. 

Me and my companion saw a lot happen this week. We witnessed loads of dog fights, and when I say dog fights, I mean dog fights to the death. These dogs down here are vicious. Once they get into a fight, they don't stop until one of them is dead. I can't tell you how many times I've walked by a dead dog and felt some sort of sorrow for the poor thing. The people of Argentina just walk right by it like it's normal. I also had the BEST Milenesa this week. I think I ended up eating like 7 of them things. I paid for it later, but it was nice. My spanish is coming very well actually. I can decently have a conversation with my companion and the jibberish that these Argentina people speak is starting to make a bit more sense. I went on exchanges with like 3 people this week, it was nice to see what other Elders are like. I had a companion that spoke ONLY spanish. That was tough but I felt that it really helped my Spanish..

I need a huge favor from ALL of you, okay? I´m think I´m the only one doing this, so have a open heart and an open mind. One of the guys in my room Elder Carreno is an AWESOME Elder, he's been through a lot in his life. He's from Columbia and just is an inspiration in my life. I learned this week that he lives only on his own.  He got his mission extended because he had no where to go after his mission. He has 3 weeks left, and I want to do him something he hasn't had all his mission. He told me that he NEVER gets emails. He always sits down and just sits at the computer and hopes that someone writes him. His parents aren' t involved and he doesn't have any friends that write him. I felt terrible when he looked over and saw that I had almost 30 emails and he had none. If you don't do nothing for me the rest of my life, do this. I want you guys to email him.  Let him know that you appreciate his great work that he has done. Make the rest of his three weeks of emails worth something. I don´t know how long its been since he's had an email, but next week I want him to have a lot. WRITE HIM. 

Johan.carreno@myldsmail.net  Thanks guys it'll make his day.

Thanks for all of your love and support, it means the world to me. I don't know what is in store for me the next few days, but whatever happens it is the Lord's will. 

Elder Hutchens.

No comments:

Post a Comment